Elanora SkateparkPines Ln, Elanora QLD 4221, Australia
This place is iconic. It has a full pipe, the first ever in Australia, and a big fast bowl. Transitions range from 8ft in the shallows to over 12ft and then there’s the over vert on the full pipe. It has concrete coping all round and some tiling in the shallows. An extension with about 1ft of vert adds a little something extra.
Big sessions with big tricks and big airs go down at this bowl so it’s not a place for beginners. That’s both bikes and skateboards. There’s no steps in and out of the bowl either, so definitely not for little kids that can’t go big. Crowds are hard to judge at this place, people just come and go all day every day. It does seem to scare off more than it attracts though.
It does have lights so night sessions are a bonus. There’s also a shelter, copper log barrier seating, and plenty of parking. Note there are surveillance cameras on site.
Getting to the skatepark by car is simple enough, it’s right next the M1 and the street runs off the nearby northbound exit. The full pipe is visible from the road and there’s plenty of parking unless shuffleboard is in session (seriously). Buses stop nearby and The Pines, a major shopping centre, is just over 1km down the road.
Skate Comps & Events at Elanora Skatepark
- Murray Skate Park Townsville61 Murray Lyons Cres, Annandale QLD 4814, Australia
- Casino Skate ParkCentre St, Casino NSW 2470, Australia
- Nimbin Skate ParkSibley St, Nimbin NSW 2480, Australia
- Albany Creek SkateparkLemke Park, 17 Jagora Dr, Albany Creek QLD 4035, Australia
- Coomera SkateparkDreamworld Pkwy, Coomera QLD 4209, Australia