Pimpama Spine RampRifle Range Rd, Pimpama QLD 4209, Australia
This baby animal chin (double halfpipe with spine) ramp is just off the M1 between the Gold Coast and Brisbane. There is not much else around the area so for most it’s a road trip to get here. It is only the ramp that can be skated, there’s no flat ground or other obstacles at all. Even the car park is rough.
The ramp itself is metal and smooth to skate. Transitions are around 4ft and have a nice feel. It is a a good ramp for beginners or to throw down some new tricks on. The ramp is around 24ft wide making it great for grinds and slides. The spine is in 2 sections, one with a small platform between coping and the other without. There’s also a roll through.
There is nothing here in the way of facilities, just a seat. There’s no water, toilets or any shops nearby. There’s just some walkways and a dog park. Crowds here tend to be small so you can skate it most times without much fuss. This may change shortly though as Pimpama is growing at a rapid rate with developments everywhere.
- Murray Skate Park Townsville61 Murray Lyons Cres, Annandale QLD 4814, Australia
- Casino Skate ParkCentre St, Casino NSW 2470, Australia
- Nimbin Skate ParkSibley St, Nimbin NSW 2480, Australia
- Albany Creek SkateparkLemke Park, 17 Jagora Dr, Albany Creek QLD 4035, Australia
- Coomera SkateparkDreamworld Pkwy, Coomera QLD 4209, Australia