Salk Oval SkateparkThrower Dr, Palm Beach QLD 4221, Australia
Where old school skatepark meets new. An extension earlier this year (2017) by Convic has seen a mix of new smooth concrete sitting right alongside gnarly rough old school transitions and pool elements. The park isn’t big, but it’s fun. The parking blocks spine is novel and there’s rounded and flat top volcanos. The transitions range from around 3ft up to 6ft and have different angles on offer. Bring a broom as there’s a lot of debris in certain sections as the old school mexican hat bowl and one line of quarters are barely touched. It’s also surrounded by large trees that constantly drop stuff.
The skatepark is right on a popular swimming river and next to a high school. Due to its small size, it can get very busy very quickly. It’s not far off the M1 so it’s easy to get to by car, but parking can be a problem in summer. Buses stop nearby so public transport is an option. The nearest shops are across the river, but there are BBQs and water handy.
The big bonus of this park is after a lengthy session you can grab some big air off the bridge. Try not to faceplant the water (or a stand up paddleboarder).
- Murray Skate Park Townsville61 Murray Lyons Cres, Annandale QLD 4814, Australia
- Casino Skate ParkCentre St, Casino NSW 2470, Australia
- Nimbin Skate ParkSibley St, Nimbin NSW 2480, Australia
- Albany Creek SkateparkLemke Park, 17 Jagora Dr, Albany Creek QLD 4035, Australia
- Coomera SkateparkDreamworld Pkwy, Coomera QLD 4209, Australia